John Forrester has over twenty years experience in ASD specific assessment work and continues to develop assessment practices and processes. Standard screening tools and other instruments are employed, when appropriate, during the course of any assessment. Examples of the range of assessment related work include;
- Diagnostic assessment, opinion on diagnosis, in collaboration with other professionals whenever possible and in line with multi-disciplinary practice guidelines.
- Behavioural assessment-evaluation of specific or generalized behavioural concern.
- Profiling and assessment of support needs, context specific or general.
- Forensic/Criminal Justice: Often involving evaluation of risk to self/others in relation to ASD behaviour and cognitive differences experienced by individuals. Diagnostic assessment often precedes further support need or forensic evaluation - individuals with ASD who offend often enter the criminal system without a diagnosis. Guidelines and recommendations to reduce the risk of recidivism are regularly provided to professionals and others involved. John is a vetted member of The UK Register of Expert Witnesses. Full CV and further details on John Forrester's involvement in criminal case work can be found at http://www.jspubs.com/
- Employment/Education/Vocational assessment, providing recommendations for approaches or supports.
- John Forrester can receive referrals on a private basis, or from health, social work, education and other departments.